Dr. Catherine Smithmyer, Director
- A longtime resident of Queen Anne’s County, Dr. Smithmyer is a licensed psychologist who has been providing outpatient psychological services on Maryland’s Eastern Shore for more than 16 years. Dr. Smithmyer:
- Trained in the Philadelphia Child Guidance model of family therapy and completed the Devereux Foundation’s APA-accredited internship in child/adolescent psychology
- Earned her Ph.D. from the APA-accredited clinical psychology program at the University of Delaware
- Taught undergraduate Psychology at the University of Delaware and Anne Arundel Community College
- During her time at the Kennedy Krieger Institute, collaborated in the development of the Neuropsychology Department’s ADHD Clinic
- Taught graduate Neuropsychology at Washington College
When Dr. Smithmyer is not in the office, she enjoys gathering with the Smithmyer clan, backpacking with her husband, visiting her adult sons and their families, spoiling the family’s rescued pit bull, and attempting to write fiction.
Services and Specialties:
Teletherapy, individual therapy, and family therapy for children, adolescents, and adults
- Bipolar disorders
- Memory loss
- Family issues
- Discrimination and self-empowerment
Therapy approaches including Interpersonal, social rhythm, cognitive, behavioral, insight-oriented, person-centered, mindfulness-based, attachment-based, and family therapy
Dr. Smithmyer is a licensed psychologist.